A State of Trance Official Forum: ARMIN AND DRUGS? - A State of Trance Official Forum

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ARMIN AND DRUGS?

#1 Guest_Kevin87_*

• Group: Guest

Posted 04 August 2005 - 17:50

Hey, I was wondering what Armin's view on drugs like extasy being used at his concerts. I did it with Oakenfold, PVD, and Ferry, and they all were ok with the fact I had a paci in my mouth. But I wont and dont need too if Armin is not cool with it or if it will offend him as an artist.-Kevin

#2 User is offline   Mac 

• Plod Plod Plod
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Lots of things and lots of stuff!

Posted 04 August 2005 - 18:12

Armin always says he doensnt condone it, but knows that it goes on.

At the end of the day it is up to the individual if they want to take drugs.

#3 User is offline   Fresh Prince 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 04 August 2005 - 18:20

That's not what he said.
He said he's never done it and he's never going to.
And that if people do it around him that's their business, as long as they
don't make a mess and ruin things for other people.
So if you do drugs, it's something you keep to yourself, no?

#4 Guest_TranceStar_*

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:02

i don't think any Dj would condone drugs, but as already said i'm sure they all know it goes on.

#5 Guest_Kevin87_*

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:08

Yeah, I herd alot of DJs say that and I would accully believe he didnt unlike others I could name. But I dout he would say he did or does use X in any interview because no DJ would ever say yes to that question. Does anyone have any clue to his thoughts on X from a personal experance or personal knoloege would be great.-Kevin

P.S Ive seen him 2X live sober and its amazing I just want to know, so don't get the wrong IDEA thanks.

#6 User is offline   Yookeroo 

• PipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 05 August 2005 - 17:30

i don't think any Dj would condone drugs, but as already said i'm sure they all know it goes on.

I've seen DJs that looked like they were rolling hard while they were spiinning (Cattaneo & Oakenfold). I'd bet most DJs have at least tried it.

Yeah, I herd alot of DJs say that and I would accully believe he didnt unlike others I could name. But I dout he would say he did or does use X in any interview because no DJ would ever say yes to that question.

He's not a DJ, but I've read an interview where Moby admits to doing it. I bet there are DJs would admit it.

#7 Guest_Kevin87_*

Posted 06 August 2005 - 00:07

Well Armin is coming back to DC on OCT1 to one of my favorite clubs and wanted to try it with him. But I don't want to if anyone knows from personal Experience or know for a fact that it offends him as an artist, that being the last thing I want to do. If anyone knows that would help much+ im curious.-Kevin

P.S Oakenfold was the coolest about me rolling, who would have thought

#8 Guest_TranceStar_*

Posted 06 August 2005 - 00:52

I've seen DJs that looked like they were rolling hard while they were spiinning (Cattaneo & Oakenfold). I'd bet most DJs have at least tried it.

i'm sure plenty of Dj's have tried it and/or take it. i'm just sayin none would b seen to condone it.

#9 User is offline   AY STAR 

• PipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:28

dont do drugs, give hugs :D

#10 User is offline   Anlong 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 06 August 2005 - 09:27

I think that's something for yourself, you can't make others don't do drugs (definitely the same with make others DO drugs) it's against people's free will imo... besides, isn't alcohol a kind of drugs either? there are lots of alcohol addicts too right? if so, what are we talking about then? :D

#11 Guest_supraver_*

Posted 06 August 2005 - 10:21

i don't agree, i think any producer should realize that extasy is a strong reason people get a negative thought about techno listener's. it makes us trancer's look poorly...plus clubs get shut down, and dj's can't play there. i don't think i'm overanalyzing it at all either. in the end...we are here for the music. i know pvd will admit to that....it's not cool with him.

but in my opinion.. if it's in ur past, then let it be forgotten. but out of respect to the very music you listen to...don't continue, or try.

sidenote: for you to consider: x leaks 80% of seratonin out of your brain, which may take weeks to replace. effect of this is a down time of depression for 1 day to several days. it can cause brain swelling which may lead to brain hemorrhage (spelling?) and creates irreplaceable holes in your brain. synaptic endings are killed..which means lower brain activity.. the death of these synapses are irreversible. plus the whole dehydration of the body thing, and how ur mind tricks you into thinking ur okay because of the high. plus death is a possible side-effect of the drug.

^is it worth the high, (a high which you naturally receive from being a trance addict?)

#12 User is offline   Fresh Prince 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:11

Well Armin is coming back to DC on OCT1 to one of my favorite clubs and wanted to try it with him. But I don't want to if anyone knows from personal Experience or know for a fact that it offends him as an artist, that being the last thing I want to do. If anyone knows that would help much+ im curious.-Kevin

P.S Oakenfold was the coolest about me rolling, who would have thought

With him ?
Please don't say you mean you're thinking of going over and offering him pills :D Dude he doesn't do drugs!!

I won't speculate about Oakenfold, but what I read on forums he does it a lot, but that's another topic.

#13 User is offline   jon. c 

• PipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 06 August 2005 - 13:18

i don't agree, i think any producer should realize that extasy is a strong reason people get a negative thought about techno listener's. it makes us trancer's look poorly...plus clubs get shut down, and dj's can't play there. i don't think i'm overanalyzing it at all either. in the end...we are here for the music. i know pvd will admit to that....it's not cool with him.

but in my opinion.. if it's in ur past, then let it be forgotten. but out of respect to the very music you listen to...don't continue, or try.

sidenote: for you to consider: x leaks 80% of seratonin out of your brain, which may take weeks to replace. effect of this is a down time of depression for 1 day to several days. it can cause brain swelling which may lead to brain hemorrhage (spelling?) and creates irreplaceable holes in your brain. synaptic endings are killed..which means lower brain activity.. the death of these synapses are irreversible. plus the whole dehydration of the body thing, and how ur mind tricks you into thinking ur okay because of the high. plus death is a possible side-effect of the drug.

^is it worth the high, (a high which you naturally receive from being a trance addict?)

#14 Guest_Kevin87_*

Posted 06 August 2005 - 16:31

With him ?
Please don't say you mean you're thinking of going over and offering him pills :D Dude he doesn't do drugs!!

I won't speculate about Oakenfold, but what I read on forums he does it a lot, but that's another topic.[/quote]

No...I knew this was a bad topic-kevin

#15 User is offline   Jenniferaaro 

• PipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 06 August 2005 - 19:37

dont do drugs, give hugs :D

Hehe.. or kisses..

no drugs for me.. or even alcohol since I've been training.... but anyway, why would you go up to someone while rolling and say that you are? Why would you even tell Paul that......
look at me! I'm rolling.. woo... :D :) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#16 User is offline   Yookeroo 

• PipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 07 August 2005 - 03:49

I think that's something for yourself, you can't make others don't do drugs (definitely the same with make others DO drugs) it's against people's free will imo... besides, isn't alcohol a kind of drugs either? there are lots of alcohol addicts too right? if so, what are we talking about then? :)

Alcohol is probably far more dangerous than exctasy.

#17 Guest_Kevin87_*

Posted 07 August 2005 - 08:34

The point of this topic is how does Armin feel about drug use during his personal shows. If anyone knows for a fact or even better personal EXPERIENCE, please let me know, thanks.-Kevin

#18 User is offline   XDR 

• PipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:44

The point of this topic is how does Armin feel about drug use during his personal shows. If anyone knows for a fact or even better personal EXPERIENCE, please let me know, thanks.-Kevin

At least try to read the responses you get :)

That's not what he said.
He said he's never done it and he's never going to.
And that if people do it around him that's their business, as long as they
don't make a mess and ruin things for other people.
So if you do drugs, it's something you keep to yourself, no?

#19 User is offline   Fresh Prince 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:13

Guy just won't give up will he, here's excerpt from a recent intervew.

Armin van Buuren

Do we need drugs to enjoy your music?
Armin- I hope notÖ I make it and listen to it and play it to everybody without using drugs,
so I hope not. But I mean if people like to use drugs, Iím from Holland so you know
how they do it there. Drugs to me are not a big issue Ive never smoked pot
and probably you have and Ive never used any drugs.
And itís very strange that Im in the top 3 djs in the world and I never have done it.
I donít mind people that use itÖ its y our choice , as long as youíre not bothering me,
and as long as youíre happy with what you are and who you are Iím happy
that you are happy. I just hope that a lot of people, when they do drugs
think of themselves as responsible human beings, cause if people start to behave
irresponsible it ruins the night for a lot of people. I think thatís the only thing
I have against people that do drugs is when they behave inappropriately.
And if they can control themselves who am I to say donít use drugs.

#20 User is offline   bebo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 07 August 2005 - 14:55

I think that's something for yourself, you can't make others don't do drugs (definitely the same with make others DO drugs) it's against people's free will imo... besides, isn't alcohol a kind of drugs either? there are lots of alcohol addicts too right? if so, what are we talking about then? :)

Alcohol is probably far more dangerous than exctasy.

yeah right, and maybe if u drink too much water u can drown. Somebody mentioned side effects of extasy above, so pls read it. People have been drinking alcohol since the time they started eating food. And no, alcohol is not a drug. I dont know how many people in a club are on drugs, but usually bars are always full, so I assume everybody is drinking more or less. And there is nothing bad about it imo.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic