A State of Trance Official Forum: Trance Top 1000 - 2012 - A State of Trance Official Forum

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trance Top 1000 - 2012 It has returned.

#41 User is offline   Rothma 

• Roth is a DJ
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Music, Football (VVV-Venlo & Stoke City FC)

Posted 13 November 2012 - 23:17

View Postnike2006, on 13 November 2012 - 23:08 , said:

It is a big deal dude.
When was the last time you could vote for classics on something official like this. Ever since I started listening to trance (end of 2004), this is the first voting system to be in effect. Almost after 10 years, we all could vote for a top trance track of any year and 'Silence' was voted.

And after a year it is dethroned?

It is not about whether it is Silence or Airwave winning, but that in such a short time frame results can vary. I can understand after 2 or 3 years if the results change.

Off Topic:
I have a feeling Tuvan will be the top track for 2012 top 1000.

We don't know how big the difference between #1 and #2 was in 2010. Maybe it was just 2 votes. BTW, not everyone votes for the same tracks every year. Last year I voted for The Blizzard's remix of Reasons To Forgive, but this year I'm leaning more towards Beauty Hides In The Deep. Opinions change day by day ;)

And maybe some Rank 1 fanboys voted for Airwave, just so a Rank 1 track could win. :whistling:

#42 User is offline   Christine2010 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 13 November 2012 - 23:49

View Postjohn.jterry.terry@gmail.com, on 13 November 2012 - 22:09 , said:

Stellar just surpassed the limits of awfulness in the whole Gaia alias history.

it's a horrible track true, but am not sure i rate it the worse?

in order of my preference

aisha
tuvan
status excessu
jai envie de toi
4 elements

ok yeah it is the worst http://forum.astateoftrance.com/public/style_emoticons/Dark/blush.gif

#43 User is offline   blachshma 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 14 November 2012 - 00:03

View Postjd486, on 13 November 2012 - 16:04 , said:

There is no connection at all, neither tracks sound alike, only thing they'd have in common is they both Armin tracks

One big difference, one is a classic loved by millions, the other is a cheap piece of garbage that insulted the Gaia name adding in noisy car alarm synths that will be quickly forgotten http://forum.astateoftrance.com/public/style_emoticons/Dark/biggrin.gif

What you're doing here is slighly pointless, bashing the track over and over again...ok, we get that you don't like it, but I do. I think its a great track, I think the melody style has pretty similar vibes to serenity. You obviously disagree, which is fine, but you won't convince anyone who already likes it that its bad the same way I can't (and don't want to) convince anyone its good.

#44 Guest_nike2006_*

• Group: Guest

Posted 14 November 2012 - 23:34

View PostRothma, on 13 November 2012 - 23:17 , said:

Last year I voted for The Blizzard's remix of Reasons To Forgive, but this year I'm leaning more towards Beauty Hides In The Deep. Opinions change day by day ;)

I dont understand why anyone would change their vote within a few months unless a newer track sounded better to them.
But now I understand, maybe less voters voted for Silence, SILLY ME :blush:

I was under the impression, since there was never an official top track in trance, maybe this voting set the bar.

I think this top 1000 should be set every 4-5 years rather than every year

It's just sad to see there is no definite top track in trance :confused:

#45 User is offline   Rothma 

• Roth is a DJ
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 15 November 2012 - 18:47

View Postnike2006, on 14 November 2012 - 23:34 , said:

I think this top 1000 should be set every 4-5 years rather than every year

It's just sad to see there is no definite top track in trance :confused:

I agree, though I think there is not ONE all time top track in trance, but that each era has its own "top tracks":

beginning-1998: Age Of Love (Jam & Spoon Mix), Love Stimulation (PvD Mix), Universal Nation, For An Angel
1999-2003: As The Rush Comes and many tracks from the likes of Ferry, Armin, Tiėsto, Rank 1... (Dutch influence, **POING** Yeah! :P)
2004-2007: The White Room, Arisen, Kalopsia, almost the entire Tri-State album
2008-now: Tuvan? Right Back? Made Of Love? haven't got a clue actually :whistling:

*There is no exact borderline between the era's. This is just how I see it. :thumbsup:

#46 User is offline   Sunspot02 

• ASOT DJ Podium Management
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member
  • Interests:Ana Criado, music, sports, travelling

Posted 16 November 2012 - 17:52

I think 4 elements is great :thumbsup:

In general I always loved the stuff that came out at that time. Its just a totally different sound than today, it was music that you understood - all those little sounds in these compositions, made you fly.
Today you hardly have those little things in trance, its more like 1 big amount of sound.

Prolly a matter of taste ;)

As for your discussion about the list,

I dont know.... If I tell you what I see as a classic and top trance track we will disagree in most points. For instance the remix that Armin did of TSOG, a lot of the others at the DJ Forum said they didnt enjoy this track that much, while for me its prolly Armins best remix ever. I played that track almost in every set for quite some time back then :)

The same situation do you have if you follow trance for 5 years or so and talk to someone who does follow it only 2 years. You wont agree about stuff, its a different generation.

To make such a list actually work, it should be split into years. So from 1990 - 1995 /1996 - 2001 etc. Something like the best track doesnt exist, there is no way of deciding such things. If you make it by polls you will only end up with the most popular track.

Silence is one of the tracks that kicked in the dutch trance years and opened the door for Armin, Ferry and Tiesto“s commercial success world wide. Does this make it "the best?". I dont think it does, you could even say that the downfall of trance started with this track (if you believe in that anti vocal movement, that started around that time).

Why does nobody talk about Allure? Those tracks were very special when they came out - you should had seen the people on the floors when someone dropped an Allure track. Hardly any tracks ever got such a response - not even Silence. Or that amazing Vengaboys track, yes you guys heard right "Vengaboys" - nobody talks about these tracks, its just always silence or airwave - I find that a bit sad.

#47 User is offline   john.jterry.terry@gmail.com 

• PipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 26 November 2012 - 17:32

View PostSunspot02, on 16 November 2012 - 17:52 , said:

I think 4 elements is great :thumbsup:

In general I always loved the stuff that came out at that time. Its just a totally different sound than today, it was music that you understood - all those little sounds in these compositions, made you fly.
Today you hardly have those little things in trance, its more like 1 big amount of sound.

Prolly a matter of taste ;)

As for your discussion about the list,

I dont know.... If I tell you what I see as a classic and top trance track we will disagree in most points. For instance the remix that Armin did of TSOG, a lot of the others at the DJ Forum said they didnt enjoy this track that much, while for me its prolly Armins best remix ever. I played that track almost in every set for quite some time back then :)

The same situation do you have if you follow trance for 5 years or so and talk to someone who does follow it only 2 years. You wont agree about stuff, its a different generation.

To make such a list actually work, it should be split into years. So from 1990 - 1995 /1996 - 2001 etc. Something like the best track doesnt exist, there is no way of deciding such things. If you make it by polls you will only end up with the most popular track.

Silence is one of the tracks that kicked in the dutch trance years and opened the door for Armin, Ferry and Tiesto“s commercial success world wide. Does this make it "the best?". I dont think it does, you could even say that the downfall of trance started with this track (if you believe in that anti vocal movement, that started around that time).

Why does nobody talk about Allure? Those tracks were very special when they came out - you should had seen the people on the floors when someone dropped an Allure track. Hardly any tracks ever got such a response - not even Silence. Or that amazing Vengaboys track, yes you guys heard right "Vengaboys" - nobody talks about these tracks, its just always silence or airwave - I find that a bit sad.

i think tracks like Age of Love, Cafe Del Mar (three n' one mix), love stimulation (pvd's love mix), beachball, for an angel (e-werk club mix) and many pre-1995 trance tracks should be in the top 10, if the list was actually accurate, although i agree, that spliting it in years/eras would be more realistic in some way. http://forum.astateoftrance.com/public/style_emoticons/Dark/yes.gif

View Postnike2006, on 13 November 2012 - 23:08 , said:

It is a big deal dude.
When was the last time you could vote for classics on something official like this. Ever since I started listening to trance (end of 2004), this is the first voting system to be in effect. Almost after 10 years, we all could vote for a top trance track of any year and 'Silence' was voted.

And after a year it is dethroned?

It is not about whether it is Silence or Airwave winning, but that in such a short time frame results can vary. I can understand after 2 or 3 years if the results change.

Off Topic:
I have a feeling Tuvan will be the top track for 2012 top 1000.

I sincerely hope not, that track will never deserve such ''honour'', even in 10 or 20 years after its release.

This post has been edited by john.jterry.terry@gmail.com: 26 November 2012 - 17:45

#48 User is online   Razormane 

• Damn you and your hoooooooooooodie!
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 23 December 2012 - 21:08

Did this poll even open this year? :laugh:

#49 User is offline   lfc4life 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member
  • Interests:Liverpool FC, A State Of Trance, Family and Friends, Music, Pets

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:08

After all that talk, maybe they decided it's a waste of time http://forum.astateoftrance.com/public/style_emoticons/Dark/thumbsup.gif

#50 User is online   Razormane 

• PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:32

View Postlfc4life, on 25 December 2012 - 03:08 , said:

After all that talk, maybe they decided it's a waste of time http://forum.astateoftrance.com/public/style_emoticons/Dark/thumbsup.gif

I sincerely hope so! ;)

#51 User is offline   john.jterry.terry@gmail.com 

• PipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 26 December 2012 - 22:11

View Postlfc4life, on 25 December 2012 - 03:08 , said:

or perhaps they decided to re-launch it on 2013 and give more time for the listeners to vote for their favorite classics.

This post has been edited by john.jterry.terry@gmail.com: 26 December 2012 - 22:11

#52 User is offline   john.jterry.terry@gmail.com 

• PipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 21 May 2013 - 13:09

Sorry to revive this thread but i think it's pretty much official that:

Gaia - Tuvan won the Trance Top 1000 - 2013 Edition, while Dash Berlin's 'Till The Sky Falls Down' was number 2, for what it seems, there is already a Trance Top 1000 - Best Of (2013 Edition) to be released on 24th May 2013 on iTunes in which track number 1 on the tracklist is Gaia - Tuvan and the track number 2 on the tracklist is Dash Berlin - Till' The Sky Falls Down (most probably the Vocal Mix), other tracks in the tracklist include Andain's 'Beautiful Things', Cygnus X - Positron 2002 (remixed by Armin van Buuren), Armin's own classic: 'Communication', Mauro Picotto's classic 'Proximus' (with Adiemus) (quite a surprise, if you ask me), Chicane's undeniable classic 'Saltwater' (feat. Moya Brennan) and a few others as well.

So The Official Trance Top 1000 - 2013 Edition will most certainly be revealed this Thursday with at least the official number one (Tuvan), being played as the ASOT Radio Classic, as it was done in 2011 when Rank 1's 'Airwave' was elected the number one trance track of all-times according to this poll, of course.

Also, it's interesting (in good or not so good ways) to notice that: W&W's 'Lift Off', Omnia & IRA - The Fusion, Aly & Fila's 'We Control The Sunlight', Hardwell's 'Encoded', Shogun's 'SkyFire', Armin's Remix of 'Colours' by Emma Hewitt and Orjan Nilsen's 'Between The Rays' for what it seems all got high positions or at least made it on this year's Trance Top 1000 Edition.

Thoughts?

See for yourself:

https://itunes.apple...est/id643653316

This post has been edited by john.jterry.terry@gmail.com: 21 May 2013 - 13:31

#53 User is offline   DGuedes 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 21 May 2013 - 18:02

lol, just lol

edit: the mauro picotto track deserves this spot. i can't say the same for some tracks, like... TILL THE SKY FALLS DOWN. wtf? maybe in the cheesy mcburger planet this is a classic, but on earth?

This post has been edited by DGuedes: 21 May 2013 - 18:04

#54 User is offline   Rothma 

• Roth is a DJ
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 21 May 2013 - 18:28

^ That's just a way to make money out of it. Doesn't mean this is the Top 24. I believe the first time The Anthem 2003 was featured on the "CD", but not even in the top 1000 :rolleyes:

View PostDGuedes, on 21 May 2013 - 18:02 , said:

i can't say the same for some tracks, like... TILL THE SKY FALLS DOWN. wtf? maybe in the cheesy mcburger planet this is a classic, but on earth?

Dub Mix deserves it IMO. One of the tunes that helped me get out off my 138+BPM uplifting cloud

#55 User is offline   john.jterry.terry@gmail.com 

• PipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 21 May 2013 - 20:21

View PostDGuedes, on 21 May 2013 - 18:02 , said:

lol, just lol

edit: the mauro picotto track deserves this spot. i can't say the same for some tracks, like... TILL THE SKY FALLS DOWN. wtf? maybe in the cheesy mcburger planet this is a classic, but on earth?

we still don't know exactly if 'Proximus' was actually number 6 overall but that would actually be quite surprising since Mauro Picotto is not even a much beloved or even known Trance/Techno Producer for the so called #trancefamily.

i don't dislike 'Till The Sky Falls Down', 'Dub Mix' is awesome but if TTSFD is actually number 2 in the list, i have to agree it's not really a much deserved place at all.

View PostRothma, on 21 May 2013 - 18:28 , said:

^ That's just a way to make money out of it. Doesn't mean this is the Top 24. I believe the first time The Anthem 2003 was featured on the "CD", but not even in the top 1000 :rolleyes:

Dub Mix deserves it IMO. One of the tunes that helped me get out off my 138+BPM uplifting cloud

Indeed, it was featured because the tune if i'm not mistaken was already included at the time in ASOT Classics volume 5, they just took advantage of that fact and released it as well on that compilation, they could have chosen other tracks that were more difficult to get but well, that's their marketing strategy, i guess. http://forum.astateoftrance.com/public/style_emoticons/Dark/rolleyes.gif

Also, other tracks that most certainly will appear on the list (and most certainly in the Top 100 itself)

Rank 1 - Airwave (Original Mix) - number 2 in 2010, number 1 in 2011, it will probably make it into Top 10 at least.
Delerium feat. Sarah McLachlan - Silence (DJ Tiesto's 'In Search Of Sunrise' Remix) - #1 2010, #3 2011, Top 10 most certainly as well.
Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes (Gabriel & Dresden 'Sweeping Strings' Remix) - #3 2010, #7 2011, Probably will drop out of the top 10 in this edition, 'Beautiful Things' on the other hand will be higher, i think.
Armin van Buuren feat. Sharon Den Adel - In & Out Of Love (Original Mix) - #12 2010, #6 2011, it will be there for sure.

And some others as well.

This post has been edited by john.jterry.terry@gmail.com: 21 May 2013 - 20:26

#56 User is online   Razormane 

• PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 21 May 2013 - 21:01

If Gangnam Style and Harlem Shake don't make it on, I will be a saaaaaaaaaaaaaaad panda... :mellow:

#57 User is offline   Sunspot02 

• ASOT DJ Podium Management
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member
  • Interests:Ana Criado, music, sports, travelling

Posted 21 May 2013 - 21:36

Who does make that list?

#58 User is online   Razormane 

• PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 21 May 2013 - 21:46

View PostSunspot02, on 21 May 2013 - 21:36 , said:

Who does make that list?

Either Armada or Cloud 9. So basically Armada :P

#59 User is offline   john.jterry.terry@gmail.com 

• PipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:05

Armada apparently removed 4 tracks from this compilation, two of them released on Black Hole Recordings, which are: Andain - Beautiful Things and Tiesto - Forever Today, also one of weirdest situations on this compilation is that Armin's own classic 'Communication' after all will not be included, despite the rights of the track being of Armada, since some years ago, if i'm not mistaken and another track that i don't remember was also removed from the tracklisting today.

Which means this compilation perhaps will only have 20 tracks overall, an huge difference comparing the one released in 2010 which had 35 tracks overall.

https://itunes.apple...est/id643728804

This post has been edited by john.jterry.terry@gmail.com: 22 May 2013 - 10:17

#60 User is offline   Rothma 

• Roth is a DJ
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 23 May 2013 - 21:13

Armin on ASOT: "the entire list will be revealed tomorrow"

http://www.trancetop...p1000-2013.html

:laugh:

EDIT: 4x Gaia in the top 30. They are all good tracks, but come on... :wacko:

This post has been edited by Rothma: 23 May 2013 - 21:18

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic