A State of Trance Official Forum: Oct 4, 2008 - Armin @ San Francisco Lovefest Afterparty (formerly Love Parade Sf) - A State of Trance Official Forum

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Oct 4, 2008 - Armin @ San Francisco Lovefest Afterparty (formerly Love Parade Sf) Playing w/ Above & Beyond, ATB, Kyau n Albert, Dave Dresden, more

#1 User is offline   DaveT 

• PipPip
  • PM this member
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:29

UPDATED: JULY 27, 2008!!!

Most of the update is in a post below (when you see the flyer in this post again)...

Again, I can't confirm right now if Armin will play on the Spundae/Skills float...but knowing Armin I imagine he and Dave Lewis will do their best to set it up so he can if they haven't already. Once can confirm or allowed to confirm either way, I'll let ya know!

LoveFest is simply my favorite party of the year here in SF. It's just insane. Now not as big as Love Parade in Berlin, but magical in its own ways considering all the cultures here and the beautiful buildings surrounding the festival grounds (parade goes down the middle of downtown and ends in SF's Civic Center Plaza. Afterparty building is in Civic Center Plaza)

http://www.alainoctavo.com/images/lovefest_main_web.jpg

Here's some info on the event which I wrote up for another board...just some info on it in case you are wondering...

The San Francisco LoveFest was orginally called Love Parade San Francisco. It started in 2004. You had to license the name "Love Parade" to use it and at the time it was policy to allow only year-to-year licenses...nothing long term. After Love Parade (the original...in Berlin) had not occured for a few years due to funding issues (basically, the city of Berlin stopped seeing it was non-profit event and refused to pay for all the cleanup costs, which the LP organizers couldn't afford), in 2006 the original organizers got a sponsor for the big event in Berlin and the agreement in all that was that they wouldn't license the name for anyone not under contract...so everyone who was doing year-to-year licenses was shut out and only one city, maybe two, in the world was still allowed to use the Love Parade name outside of Berlin....so in 2006, the SF event was named LoveFest but still follows the same rules.

Basically arond noon (12:00pm) a parade starts from one end of downtown and it goes down the central street of San Francsico (Market St) until it gets to Civic Center Plaza, which is just gorgeous scenery with historic buildings surrounding it. Floats from the parade line up around the edge of Civic Center Plaza and that party goes on for another 5 or 6 hours. Note you are allowed to dance right in the streets while the parade is going on and walk with the floats (all the floats go super super slow and you can easily walk with it all!).

The Parade + Festival are FREE to get into, but it's asked that a small donation is made at the gates entering the Festival. $5 or $10..that's it. It takes a lot of permits, clean up costs, etc to do the event and the $$$ from donations goes directly to that. If you go, please donate...some of the main people involved have had to pay money out of their own pockets because of lack of donations.

The official afterparty is right on the Civic Center grounds in the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. Pretty much every club in the city is within a 5-8 minute driving range from Civic Center Plaza (SF is actually very small, it's just very dense!)

All the various pre-parties (starting on Oct 1st) and after/closing parties do costs money, of course.

The Offical Afterparty is an 18+ massive. Production is usually real good, at least in the main room...for an event in the USA (events in the USA are much much more expensive to throw than in other parts of the world because of bureacrocy involved FORCING you to use Union-based groups for setup, security, etc which are crazy EXPENSIVE...productions and even lineups suffer because of it...before anyone who rants about the production compared to events in Europe. Everyone here would love be able to do that...just can't afford it!). With an obvious focus on the side room lineups (If you like progressive or house, WOWZAs!...I happen to love it all), hopefully more focus on the production in them is given too. Note that massives on the west coast tend to draw a lot of ...well, P.L.U.R. ... I'm a club guy, but with the lineup I can deal with the candy kids lol.

#2 User is offline   DaveT 

• PipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:51

A few pics/videos from previous ones I found around after a quick look

Tens-of-thousands of peoples. Parade/Festival is free, though they ask for a small donation (think like $5) when you enter the festival which goes to help pay for the permits and cleanup involved. None of the donations go to the DJs...all to keep the festival occuring every year so please make one if you attend. DJs volunteer their time when they play on the floats.

A VIDEO of LoveFest 2007 overall: http://www.metrowize...fest_video_2007
LoveFest 2007 (including Afterparty) video featuring Spundae: http://www.metrowize.com/video/sasha-dj-da...fest-2007-video

The Parade/Festival:

http://www.spundae.com/gallery/full/38_loveparadesf_092405_screen031.jpg
http://www.spundae.com/gallery/full/38_loveparadesf_092405_screen035.jpg
http://www.spundae.com/gallery/full/38_loveparadesf_092405_screen072.jpg

Afterparty:

http://www.grooveeffect.com/images/lovefest-afterparty-collage.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/DaToole/lfap1.jpg
http://www.spundae.com/gallery/full/38_loveparadesf_092405_screen095.jpg
http://www.spundae.com/gallery/full/38_loveparadesf_092405_screen193.jpg

So yeah...come!

#3 User is offline   DaveT 

• PipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 26 July 2008 - 13:15

OK, here's the announced lineup so far for the offical afterparty on Oct 4. Below is an information flyer with acts performing at other parties surrounding LoveFest weekend which is Oct 1 - Oct 5. Ferry Corsten is playing for Spundae on Sunday, Oct 5th at the LoveFest Closing Party. More details to come....this image will be updated as more acts can be announced...a ton of various acts for various parties have not been announced yet...just wait!

Note: This is the lineup for the pfficial afterparty. I cannot confirm who will be on float itself for the parade/festival yet...but knowing Armin, sure all parties want him on there...largely depends on the DJs tour & flights and when they get to SF.

Ferry Costen will be playing at the closing party on Sunday, Oct 5...being thrown by Spundae @ Ruby Skye..just and FYI. Last time Ferry did a party at Ruby Tiesto showed up and they tag-teamed...Gouryella together for the first time ever...they played together Dance Valley because it went so well...anyhow, back to Armin! :-p

Tickets are on sale here: http://skillsdjticke...hop.com/Tickets

MAIN ROOM

Armin van Buuren *2 Hour Set....remember, it's a massive!*
Above & Beyond
ATB
Kyau & Albert
Deep Voices (Opener - 1/2 of DV is from SF...so the local opener, though a lot of their latest tracks are being released on Armada...so they are becoming known!)

SIDE Room 1:

S.O.S. (Demi, Omid 16B, Desyn Masiello) *Exclusive LoveFest 3 Hour Set*
Green Velvet
Christian Smith
Alain Octavo (Opener)

SIDE Room 2:

Dave Dresden (formerly of Gabriel & Dresden)
Donald Glaude
Rennie Pilgrem
Colette
Hil Huerta (Opener)

http://www2.sflovefest.org/2008info/2008-sflf_teaser.jpg

#4 User is offline   ghaikunal 

• little monster
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member
  • Interests:devoted little monster *paws up*

Posted 26 July 2008 - 23:33

woohoo!! hopefully i can come! sounds awesome!!

#5 User is offline   wolfie 

• PipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:36

View Postghaikunal, on Jul 27 2008, 12:33 AM, said:

woohoo!! hopefully i can come! sounds awesome!!

damn , we'll be one day too late =(
we're flying from Belgium onthe 5th of october.

Do you guys know it Above&Beyond will be playing at a party or just on the parade passing by on a truck?

#6 User is offline   ghaikunal 

• little monster
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:03

View Postwolfie, on Jul 27 2008, 07:36 AM, said:

damn , we'll be one day too late =(
we're flying from Belgium onthe 5th of october.

Do you guys know it Above&Beyond will be playing at a party or just on the parade passing by on a truck?

aw that sux! Above&Beyond are listed for after party! dunno if they are gonna be on a float!

#7 User is offline   calilove43 

• Pip
  • PM this member

Posted 28 July 2008 - 19:12

I found a full article about it here: http://www.metrowize.com/armin-san-francis...fest-afterparty

You can even win tickets too! Armin for free?? Yes please ;)

#8 User is offline   DaveT 

• PipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:07

Can't confirm who will be on the floats. Most DJs will have another gig somewhere else in the US the night before. Hopefully they will be able to get from that gig to in time to rest and play on the float and do the afterparty....

#9 User is offline   calvinouch 

• Pip
  • PM this member

Posted 29 July 2008 - 19:30

was anyone able to purchase the tickets? i tried about 3 times and keep getting the same error once i enter my cc# and everything and click submit.

BUT ICANT wAIT. LOVE last year was intense. THis year will be awesome as well

#10 User is offline   calvinouch 

• Pip
  • PM this member

Posted 29 July 2008 - 20:13

NVm got it!

#11 User is offline   ghaikunal 

• little monster
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:05

never been to san francisco before! hopefully it's a lot of fun! gonna buy my tickets soon!! aaa can't wait!

#12 User is offline   DaveT 

• PipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 30 July 2008 - 22:27

Ultra Records is now a part of the Spundae/Skills float...

I'd say that makes things look a lot better for Armin being on the float since he's under Ultra Records in the US!

Of course, I can't say for sure.....just looking at how things are lining up and making an assumption.

Also, here's the _afterparty_ flyer...

http://www.alainoctavo.com/images/afterparty_in.jpg
http://www.alainoctavo.com/images/afterparty_out.jpg

#13 User is offline   ghaikunal 

• little monster
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:28

anyone know the timimgs for this? like when does it start and when is it over??? cause then i have to book a flight according to those times!!
-for the afterparty only!

#14 Guest_MissCandace98823_*

• Group: Guest

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:20

I am so there!!!!!!!!!! I am buying my ticket on the 14th of this month!

#15 User is offline   DaveT 

• PipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:45

View Postghaikunal, on Jul 31 2008, 04:28 AM, said:

anyone know the timimgs for this? like when does it start and when is it over??? cause then i have to book a flight according to those times!!
-for the afterparty only!

Doors are open 8pm - 4am

The main event is literally right out in front of it...the Spundae/Skills float parks itself right on the entrance to Bill Graham Civic Center....so if you can get there even a little early, do so just to check it out! There might be a little gap between the end of the daytime free (asks for $10 donation though) party and the doors opening, but it's usually not long at all...and everyone just crams up to the entrance...getting in can be a little bit of a hassle, but doors are opening an hour earlier this year to help with that....and hopefulyl they'll open the box office earlier as that's what often slows things down...peeps stuill needing to pick up tickets.

#16 User is offline   RonC 

• its just noise
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member
  • Interests:Everything :)

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:55

im so getting my day off from work :P
cant wait for this!!!
:lol:

#17 User is offline   Zippyz4 

• Pip
  • PM this member

Posted 05 August 2008 - 20:48

Is the party for sure 18+? I don't see it anywhere....

Gah I've been planning to fly up for a while...but if they ID i'm screwed =\. I'm 17, do they ID every one?

#18 User is offline   RonC 

• its just noise
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member
  • Interests:Everything :)

Posted 05 August 2008 - 21:27

View PostZippyz4, on Aug 5 2008, 12:48 PM, said:

Gah I've been planning to fly up for a while...but if they ID i'm screwed =\. I'm 17, do they ID every one?

im pretty sure they do...but thats only for the afterparty cuz the parade is free.

#19 User is offline   ghaikunal 

• little monster
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:19

View PostZippyz4, on Aug 5 2008, 03:48 PM, said:

yup! it's 18+. it says it when you buy the tickets that you have to be 18+ and you need a valid id with your ticket!!

#20 User is offline   Zippyz4 

• Pip
  • PM this member

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:49

View Postghaikunal, on Aug 6 2008, 05:19 AM, said:

yup! it's 18+. it says it when you buy the tickets that you have to be 18+ and you need a valid id with your ticket!!

it's about time i bought a new fake id

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic